Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A long delayed January post

yarn the second
Superwash merino and nylon - also spun from batts I made. About 4 oz... fingerling weight.

yarn the first
Spun on the drop spindle from two carded batts, mostly teal, pink and grey, let's just call it "wool". The second ply is this commercial silk I bought. The first thing I've plied with something I didn't spin myself. It's fingerling weight, of course.

Well, my resolution was to spin two yarns a month, and I did finish January on time, I just never got around to posting it!

And speaking of fingerling weight, not sure I will finish the two yarns for February in February, because I am almost done with one ply each! (one on the drop spindle, one on the wheel... which seems to be the way I am working these days.)

But really, I am currently also interested in sewing, and I don't have a lot of time now to split between two hobbies! (Let alone five!)

Mostly - I failed to mention this before, but I have been employed full time for the last month, and you may have noticed the corresponding drop off in blog post volume. However, I am going to try to be more on top of this, especially since the bird quilt is almost done and I will need to show it off!