|Superwash merino and nylon - also spun from batts I made. About 4 oz... fingerling weight.|
|Spun on the drop spindle from two carded batts, mostly teal, pink and grey, let's just call it "wool". The second ply is this commercial silk I bought. The first thing I've plied with something I didn't spin myself. It's fingerling weight, of course.|
Well, my resolution was to spin two yarns a month, and I did finish January on time, I just never got around to posting it!
And speaking of fingerling weight, not sure I will finish the two yarns for February in February, because I am almost done with one ply each! (one on the drop spindle, one on the wheel... which seems to be the way I am working these days.)
But really, I am currently also interested in sewing, and I don't have a lot of time now to split between two hobbies! (Let alone five!)
Mostly - I failed to mention this before, but I have been employed full time for the last month, and you may have noticed the corresponding drop off in blog post volume. However, I am going to try to be more on top of this, especially since the bird quilt is almost done and I will need to show it off!