Here's a brief overview of the projects I have sewn specifically for Quiltcon. I'm not sure I am done or not, though I leave Wednesday afternoon, so I don't have much time left!
I made a dress! It's Simplicity 2886, and I had to do several muslins to get the bodice right for my (apparently) nonstandard body shape, and it's still ended up a bit odd. I also did not have enough fabric to cut out the way they wanted it cut, specifically the sash should have been blue, but I am pleased with it. I plan to make another one with another border print fabric, but after Quiltcon!
I made a pouch. It's an Aneela Hoey pattern, the Fold Over Sewing Pouch. It was a fun little thing to make and did not take too long either. I used fabric I designed and printed through Spoonflower, it's a little collection I called Cleo's Garden.
I left out the needle book and the pin cushion, since I wasn't planning on using it as a sewing kit. I just thought that it would look awesome filled with Quiltcon swap buttons (button swap buttons) and it does, but I suspect it will be a bit inconvenient to be opening and closing all the time, but cuteness is it's own reward, right?
Lastly, definitely lastly, as I just finished it last night, I made a bag. It's based mostly on Noodlehead's supertote, a bag I have made three times before, but it's smaller. It's two inches less wide, and the gusset's also two inches narrower, and the handles are thicker, and the whole this is full of crazy amounts of interfacing and soft n' stable, because I find the supertote as written is too floppy for my taste, so obviously I went overboard in the other direction. Maybe next time my bag will be perfect and moderate. Anyway, it had 64 patchwork squares of unique colors. And one side is the mirror image of the other, not exactly by design, but as a consequence of how I pieced it.
Anyway. I'm thinking I'm done. I have some quilts to quilt in my pile, and I need to take a break from this sort of deadline sewing... and relax a bit before I travel.